The best competitors carry two mindsets:
— Greg Berge (@GregBerge) September 1, 2026
Train with the hunger of someone who has never won.
Compete with the confidence of someone who has never lost.
“I train like I’ve never won, and I compete like I’ve never lost.” - Eileen Gu 🔥 https://t.co/VCFVaRAM3r
You probably know the saying, "It isn't the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
This shows up as legacy, literature, and film. Consider:
- "David and Goliath"
- "Hoosiers" (based on a true story)
- "Rocky"
- "Million Dollar Baby"
- "GI Jane"
- "Akeelah and the Bee"
- "Hidden Figures"
- Katniss Everdeen in "The Hunger Games"
If you had a solid performance yesterday, build on it at practice today. Coach Ellis Lane always told us, "I'm pleased but I'm not satisfied."
Compete. Be fierce. Earn the right to win.
No comments:
Post a Comment