Sunday, January 21, 2024

Feel the Joy

Never relinquish the joy of sport. Coaches feel it. Here's a quote from former Princeton basketball coach Pete Carril

"Light bulbs, that's what I call them. Light bulbs. There's an intangible feeling a coach and a player have that you can delight in. When Armond Hill was at Princeton and he'd go up and down the court in warmups, that's excited me. Frank Sowinski walked onto the court in practice. I could be dead tired: I saw him, I felt good. Billy Omeltchenko. Craig Robinson. I call them light bulbs. They walk on the floor, the light goes on." - February 6, 1991.

 Everyone isn't a fan of Russell Westbrook, but I think he gets it. 

Post by @digits3hoops
View on Threads

Teams often break a huddle with an inspirational word, "Melrose" or "Team" or "Together." That's fine, but don't forget, "Joy." 

Lagniappe. Preventing injuries has value in every sport. I started the course and it's well done. 

No comments: