Sunday, September 29, 2019

Always Be Ready


Sport situations overlap. Injuries and illness happen. Erin Torpey missed a game this year. Karen Sen had back issues and missed half a season. Laura Irwin suffered ankle injuries in two postseasons. Players get the flu, mononucleosis, or asthma. Some might call it force majeure

Here's a recent excerpt from The Athletic's Jeff Howe from Jakobi Meyers, Patriots receiver:

“I grew up, all my sports career, I’ve always been on the back burner,” Meyers said. “I always had to work my way up. It’s the same situation here. I’m used to it at this point, just being patient, working hard. Because all that crying doesn’t really do anything for your situation but just sheds some negative light on it. So, I just try to stay positive, and I want to be ready when my name is called so that way I don’t embarrass myself by crying about playing.”

Be ready at your best when your chance comes. 

No comments: