Thursday, November 09, 2023

Melrose Heads to Canton for the Elite Eight


Some of you know the saying, "I'm from Missouri. Show me." 

As a former basketball coach, words I didn't want to hear were, "I'll try" and "I can't." "Try" is a word of failure. 

"Try to be on time" or "try to meet me for lunch." What is that? "Be on time." "Meet me for lunch." 

While 'try' lies on the road to belief, it's not a destination. You can only be as good as you believe you can be

It's hard to win a league title or a sectional title. It's even harder to repeat. Sam Cummings said, "The higher you climb on the mountain, the harder the wind blows." 

The capacity to fight through adversity and stay on track when things go against you says a lot about character and team spirit. 

Make it happen. 

Lagniappe. Not everyone agrees. 

Post by @mindset.unchained
View on Threads

Hard work is a skill...and contagious. 

No comments: