Friday, November 18, 2022

Frankenball

"What would I do if I lost that third (Michelin) star? I'd win it back." - Gordon Ramsay 

Until he won the National Championship, North Carolina coach Dean Smith got mistreated by some pundits. "He hasn't won it all." Smith brushed it aside, "I never felt like a loser." Coach Scott Celli's 2012 team put the White Whale down and teams have continued with great success since.  

Coaches design and edit teams not only to win, but to compete at the best possible level. Sometimes (2012) you have the personnel to dominate strong teams. Other times you cobble together pieces to create Frankenball, a design but not artistic success.

Ask “how do I improve today?” Make yourself so valuable the coaching staff needs you on the floor.


From James Clear

Marginal gains have incredible mathematical power. 

Melrose notes: Aggression plays. Melrose fights off one attack but can't stop the cleanup. Great offense wins. 

No comments: