Friday, January 13, 2023

Ask Yourself These Questions


Saturday morning, you roll out of bed, have a bowl of cereal and read the blog, hoping for inspiration. Ask yourself:

1) How am I improving today? 

2) What are the core skills - serving, passing, setting, attacking, blocking, digging? 

3) What is my elite volleyball skill? Restated, what gets me on the court and what keeps me on the court? If you don't have or acquire one, well, what happens to you? 

4) Who is the next elite Melrose outside hitter? I have no idea. If it's you, what are you doing to become that player? To become an elite student, study. To become an elite hitter, practice attacking. You become the person and the player that you work to become. 

5) How important is it to you? What is your level of commitment, of sacrifice? What skill are you willing to build and what alternative activity do you reduce? 

Lagniappe (something extra). 

No comments: