Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Decisions

Here's a thought-provoking post from Coaching Toolbox, a basketball site.

It raises the issues about TEAM-building.

An excerpt:

What guys can I count on when things get difficult; when we hit a losing skid or when we have to get “tough” with our players? If I do not want them in the “foxhole” with me, I do not want them on my team!

My thoughts:


  • The TEAM must be greater than the sum of its parts. 
  • The TEAM should radiate joy because people love the sport and being part of the culture of the program. 
  • The star of the TEAM is the TEAM. 
  • Not everyone can be a great player, but everyone can be a great TEAMmate. 
The volleyball program continues to excel because of the great TEAM culture and the recognition that anyone who plays well can get more opportunities to contribute to the TEAM success. Coach Celli reflects the spirit of TEAM and meritocracy of sport. 

No comments: