Tonight Melrose Volleyball celebrated the 2012 season with the traditional breakup dinner at the Montvale Plaza, featuring a wonderful dinner including steak tips and Chicken Marsala.
Here are just a few highlights in a preliminary report.
- The team revealed the State Championship banner. Above Rachel Johnson and Kayla Wyland point some fingers.
- The annual highlight video from Videojam's Jeff Mate' recounted some season highlights...a masterful job likely soon to be on Youtube.
- Coaches Celli, Wall, and Basteri recognized their players and handed out awards and certificates.
- Brooke Bell was announced as Boston Globe Division 2 Player of the Year. Great job, Brooke.
- Sarah McGowan was named one of four finalists for Gatorade Player of the Year. Outstanding honor to Sarah.
- Coach Celli recognized all the seven Melrose players who achieved Middlesex League all-star status.
- After explaining the lengthy process leading to captaincy selection, Coach Celli named the tri-captains for the 2013 season: Jill MacInnes, Cassidy Barbaro, and Allie Nolan. Congratulations to all.
A big thanks to the Melrose Volleyball Boosters for their support and to the Melrose community that has provided unwavering support to the program.